Become a Part of Our Team
We’re hiring Pre-Closing Specialists!
About The Team
You will support the Closing Agent in closing real-estate transactions in an accurate and timely manner while maintaining the highest level of customer service. The Pre-Closing Specialist’s responsibilities are critical to getting a file cleared and ready to close.
About The Role
An ideal candidate has experience in the title, real estate, mortgage, loan, or banking industry. They will be very time conscious and able to track multiple deliverables for several files simultaneously. They will work concurrently with multiple external parties as well as internal title specialists to move a file to ‘Clear to Close’ status.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Order, track, receive payoffs, utility bills, and tax information
- Read, understand, and follow lender closing instructions. Input lender figures into the system
- Calculate and prorate tax and utility payoff data to create CD/settlement statements
- Obtain commission payment information from real estate agents involved in the transaction
- Maintain consistent communication with internal and external parties regarding the status of outstanding items
- Handle client phone calls or emails with the utmost customer service
- Ensure system is constantly updated with all email and phone communication
- Escalate any items that could affect the closing date to managers
- Drive closing performance, meet closings dates, provide an excellent customer experience
- Serve as liaison in promoting other service offerings
- Collaborate with the title department to resolve title issues
Who you are
You are very detail-oriented. You are comfortable calling lenders, taxing authorities and others to obtain information. You can juggle multiple priorities and are very time conscious and have the ability to change gears quickly. You understand the importance of closing dates and work diligently to ensure real estate transactions close on time. You carry yourself professionally and represent Team Title and it’s affiliate companies both internally and externally.
- 1+ years of experience in the title, real estate, mortgage, loan, or banking industry
- Familiar with standard closing concepts, practices, and procedures of the real estate settlement industry. Ability and willingness to make phone calls and follow-up diligently on required items
- Possesses a ‘do it now’ mentality
- Ability to communicate with lenders and other parties in a positive, friendly, and helpful way
- Understanding of concepts needed to balance a real estate transaction
- Very quality conscious, takes extreme pride in work done well
- Ability to professionally manage challenging customers, to diffuse conflict situations and resolve closing issues quickly
- Ability to work on multiple files concurrently without making errors
- Exemplary organizational skills
- Ability to manage high volume transactions
- Intermediate to advanced experience working within closing software systems and Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience with SoftPro a plus
Interested in joining our team?
Complete the below form and email your resume to email@example.com for consideration.